Another 2 topic post, man you guys are lucky.
Everyone knows the combo of pregnancy and loving food (as well as being a little lazy) can cause problems with that once girlish figure. A few weeks ago, I decided that I would count calories. I did an online calculator that takes into account age, weight, gender, etc and it said I should eat 1500 calories per day to lose a pound a week. After 2 days of that, I decided to up it to 1700 since I'm still nursing (but not nursing full time since Aidan is also eating real food). I thought that was a lot of calories, but I was surprisingly VERY cranky on that amount. After a few days, I just pigged out on junk because I couldn't take it anymore.
With time on my hands, I looked into what Michael's group insurance from work has to offer. I was surprised to find out that a registered dietitian is covered, up to $400 for each of us per year. I figured, since it's free, I may as well take advantage. I searched for a registered dietition in my area that specializes in post-natal nutrition as well as infant nutrition, since I had a few questions about Aidan.
The cost of the home visit was $125 for one hour. I'll just say, I'm glad it was covered by insurance and I can't believe people actually pay that much. I learned a few things that I didn't know before, but mostly you could just google it all (vitamin C to help absorb iron, eat lots of fibre, fruits, and veggies) if you didn't know it already. It was worth doing for me since it was covered, but unless you're clueless when it comes to nutrition, I don't recommend spending your own cash that could be better spent on new clothes that fit your new body :)
Topic #2 - Mom and Baby Yoga
I haven't done too much yoga, but I've mostly enjoyed the relaxation aspect. How can yoga be peaceful when everyone brings their babies? What was I thinking? I couldn't even do everything because I kept having to tend to Aidan. At the end, we did a sing time with baby instead of clearing our own minds. The class also ends at 3:30pm so I end up driving home right at the start of rush hour traffic. At the end of the class, the instructor said, "Don't give up, every week is different. Some moms don't come back because they get frustrated, but each class is a new class". Had she read my mind? I'd way rather take a regular yoga class and find a sitter for Aidan, or leave him at the babysitting service at the fitness centre. I'll most likely drop the class...but now I feel bad because the instructor told me not to.
One last mini-topic. I waited about a year before printing photos to put in an album and ended up printing like 3000 pictures. I'm trying to go through my pics from the past 4 months but I find it very difficult...any other new moms relate? I might have 450 pictures of Aidan in the bathtub, but I just can't choose which ones to delete. Another 300 pics of him in his exersaucer, etc. Choosing pictures to print has never been so difficult.
That's it for today! Again, seem to be unable to upload pics so it's just another wordy blog.
Hey Kat,
ReplyDeleteI have more pictures then I know what to do with and have also not printed any- if I were going to give a siggestion its to set a limit of how many to print (say 50 per month- or whatever you choose) and then just burn all your photos to a CD. Then you still have them but dont have to print them!