Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Aidan's First Cold

I should've seen this coming. Up until recently, Aidan has been protected from illness by the antibodies in my breastmilk. Now that he eats solids twice a day, he is not as protected. Within a week of starting this 2 meal schedule, he got sick.



Last night, Aidan woke up crying about 45 minutes after falling asleep. He fell back asleep easily so I wasn't too worried about it. He then woke up around 2:30am quite upset. He again calmed down easily, but I thought it was a little strange. When he woke up crying at 5am, I knew something was definitely wrong. His eyes seemed watery and mucus was dripping down his face from his nose but I thought it might just be from crying. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I knew there was something because he hasn't woken up 3 times in one night since before "The Schedule".



Later on in the day, I noticed more mucus and crusty stuff around his nose. Overall, he still seems pretty happy so I am diagnosing this as a mild cold. I've propped up his mattress for the night and got the humidifier ready, so hopefully tonight's sleep will be a little better (for him AND me).



Even though he's a bit under the weather, we were still able to go to the park for some fun on the swings - his new favourite thing (even though it's probably where he picked up the cold!).

No comments:

Post a Comment