So, since I said I'd do a post called "Aidan rolls over", here it is. Aidan learned to roll over a few weeks ago while we were in Florida. He looked so cute and proud of himself. I was proud of him, too, but I also knew it was the beginning of the end. By that I mean, the end of the days where I could just set him on his back somewhere to play and go about my life knowing he is safe. I now have to keep a more consistent eye on him. Aidan loves to roll from his back to his belly, but doesn't know how to roll from his belly to his back (could this be due to lack of tummy time?). At first, he loves being on his belly, but often he begins to fuss and cry. I have to roll him back. As a mom, I'm not sure how often or how quickly I should "rescue" him from being on his belly, or how long I should let him fuss so he can learn to solve his own problems. I feel like if I keep rolling him over, he'll take longer to learn to do it for himself. Oh well, not that big of an issue but just thought I'd mention it.
In other news that is not Mommy related, Mike and I had a fun date last night. We went to dinner and then to a John Mayer concert. I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't know a lot of John Mayer's newer songs. The crowd seemed to be mostly young girls so I did feel a little old, but it was still fun. It's also nice to go out and realize I don't obsessively wonder what Aidan's doing anymore. I didn't even care what time he went to bed or if he ate, etc etc. I was just happy to be out enjoying myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment