No pictures for this one - I've already posted the crying picture of Aidan so you'll just have to refer to that picture to get an image in your head.
So Aidan had a pretty good day today. He slept 12 1/2 hours last night, had 3 good naps, but when bedtime came....oh, man. He decided to scream for an hour and nothing would comfort him. It was like the old days, but the difference is I'm not used to it anymore and I can't stand it. I remember before he'd cry for an hour and that would be a good night. Now he cries for 5 minutes and I feel like it was hours.
I think most moms will know what I mean - when you hear your child cry, does your head start pounding and your heart start racing? I'm not talking about the little fussy crying, but the screaming-like-I'm-going-to-die crying. Maybe it's just me, but I've had people over and if Aidan is crying I cannot carry on any sort of conversation. I can't concentrate on anything and all I can think about is making the crying stop. This is where the evil images of hurting Aidan come into my head. They don't come right away, I think they have a 1/2 hour minimum cry time limit. But when they come, I hate myself and I hate Aidan and I hate everything. You'd better hope you're not calling me during a crying spell or I will hate you, too.
I was going to try to write this blog while he was crying, but it was useless. I became a useless, brainless being whose sole mission in life was to make my child go to sleep. I've read that crying does not affect men the same way, but when I see how Mike reacts I think these researchers are wrong.
Anyway, hopefully this crying spell was a one night thing. Actually, even if he does it tomorrow it's not that big of a deal because I have to work so someone else can comfort him. Someone with more patience.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment