This post is going to be about what's happening right now instead of those early days, although I do enjoy reliving them.
So the book that I have been basing everything on says that baby's schedule should change around 4 months and Aidan seemed ready so today I started the new schedule. It's pretty much what I think most people do - 12 hours at night, a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and maybe a short nap a little later. He adjusted perfectly! He went for both naps easily, and even went to bed at 5:45pm without a fuss. I'm so happy, sitting here at 6pm and knowing I am off duty. Obviously I love Aidan (now....) but it's definitely nice to have some time to myself.
Yesterday was kind of rough for me...I've started working part time and yesterday I worked from 2pm-11pm. How will I ever go back to work full time and be away from Aidan 5 days a week? I know the stay at home mom vs working mom is a big debate, and I always thought I'd be a working mom but now I'm really struggling. We can't really afford for me to stay home full time, but I'm thinking I might work part time or substitute teach so my schedule is more flexible. Aidan just seems so young, I can't imagine dropping him off at a day care but maybe over the next few months things will change. Does anyone have any thoughts to share on this topic? I'm about 6 months away from going back to work and I know it will fly by. Hopefully I'll feel more ready by then. If not, I guess we'll sell our house. Just kidding....sort of.....
No comments:
Post a Comment