Sunday, May 2, 2010

Physical Journey

So I've posted before about how I joined a Mommy and Baby fitness class. This class jump-started my desire to workout even more and I am now doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I had my class on Monday and on Tuesday I did Tae bo (a Billy Blanks DVD we have). My sister Danielle has been staying with me, and she told me she had this Jillian Michael's workout DVD that she wanted to start. It's only 20 minutes (well, it's actually a bit more with the warm up and cool down) so I thought, "how hard can it be?"

I decided to try it Wednesday. Let me tell you, I realized that I am REALLY out of shape after just the warm-up. As the warm-up ended, and she said "We're ready to begin" I was like "BEGIN!?!? Haven't we started already?" and I definitely thought I was going to pass out a time or two. The second day, Thursday, was definitely easier but I've still felt like crying towards the end pretty much every day.

So you're supposed to do this video for 30 days straight. I'm on day 5 and I have to say I already feel so much better. The video is so short that I know I can squeeze it in during Aidan's morning nap, but I sweat and feel like it's the best workout I've ever had. When I think back to myself running on the elliptical and going for walks, thinking that was "exercise", I was kidding myself. I can't wait to see how I look after 30 days. Only 25 more to go!

Anyone out there have an exercise video to recommend? I think I'm going to stick with this one because it's such a good total workout (it combines cardio, weights, and ab exercises) but if anyone has had a great experience with getting back into shape I'd love to hear how you did it.

I was considering posting a "before" pic of myself but....I think you guys can just picture a flabby tummy and cellulite-filled tush for yourselves ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat, whats the Jillian Michaels workout video called? I would love to give it a go!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 30 Day Shred. As an update, we just forced my mom to do it with us and she barely broke a sweat! "Oh, squat presses, I love these" she is in waaaaay better shape than us. Danielle said that atleast it's inspiration that we can be in better shape in our 50's than we are now.

    ReplyDelete