Yesterday morning Aidan had his first (and hopefully last!) visit to the Children's Hospital here in Calgary. The hospital is really beautiful and he loved looking at everything. At his Dr's appt the other day, his doctor noticed that his fat rolls at the top of his legs were not the same size on both legs. Apparently this is one of the warning signs for hip dysplasia so she wanted him to get an x-ray to make sure. I'm not too worried about it yet, but hopefully I get a call soon that everything is okay! The staff at the hospital were so nice, quite a contrast to my experiences at Foothills hospital when I've gone to visit my sister. We only waited about 5 minutes. Aidan did great, and smiled at everyone the whole time. Here are a couple of pics of him at the hospital while we waited. I wanted to take a pic of him on the x-ray table but I thought the techs wouldn't appreciate it.

That's the one comment I always get about Aidan, "He sure looks happy today" or "What a happy baby!" I used to be a tad jealous (sometimes a lot jealous, okay?) when my sister and I would be out in public and they'd say to her "Ohhh, what a cute baby", "He's just adorable!", "Look at him, he's so precious" etc etc while saying nothing to me about my baby (really, don't you think that's a tad rude?) and to this day I rarely hear, "Oh, he's so cute" when we're out but I do get a LOT of "What a happy baby" and I guess in life it's better to be happy than good looking, right? I credit one thing and one thing only to his happiness - The Schedule. Which brings me to a problem that has me slightly panicky...I've lost the book that has The Sched in it. It has I think 4 different schedules - birth to 4 months, 4 to 9 months, 9 to 12 months, and definitely another one but I forget the exact ages. I seriously base Aidan's life on The Sched and it's going to change in another 6 weeks or so....and I don't have the book to tell me what to do! Now, he doesn't always nap for as long as he's supposed to or at exactly the right times, but I definitely use this book as my guide. It was published in the 60's so I can't just go get it at Chapters, I had to order it from Amazon.com (not even Amazon.ca because for some reason Canadian Amazon wants $45 for this book so even with the shipping Amazon.com was the way to). If I don't find it soon, I will have to order another one, or else my happy baby may not be so happy. I am nothing without this book!
Okay, so enough about that. Except one last thing - I will give you a reward if you find my book for me. Okay, so actually moving on now. After the hospital fun, we went for a visit to Aunt Natasha's to see cousin Isaac. The boys got to see eachother for a few minutes, but they are pretty much opposite schedule's for nap/wake time so they didn't get to play for very long. Here's Aidan at Tash and Ryan's trying some cheerios. He's still learning how to grasp food and get it into his mouth but I think he managed to eat a few and their dog, Whisper, managed to eat a lot more.
That's the one comment I always get about Aidan, "He sure looks happy today" or "What a happy baby!" I used to be a tad jealous (sometimes a lot jealous, okay?) when my sister and I would be out in public and they'd say to her "Ohhh, what a cute baby", "He's just adorable!", "Look at him, he's so precious" etc etc while saying nothing to me about my baby (really, don't you think that's a tad rude?) and to this day I rarely hear, "Oh, he's so cute" when we're out but I do get a LOT of "What a happy baby" and I guess in life it's better to be happy than good looking, right? I credit one thing and one thing only to his happiness - The Schedule. Which brings me to a problem that has me slightly panicky...I've lost the book that has The Sched in it. It has I think 4 different schedules - birth to 4 months, 4 to 9 months, 9 to 12 months, and definitely another one but I forget the exact ages. I seriously base Aidan's life on The Sched and it's going to change in another 6 weeks or so....and I don't have the book to tell me what to do! Now, he doesn't always nap for as long as he's supposed to or at exactly the right times, but I definitely use this book as my guide. It was published in the 60's so I can't just go get it at Chapters, I had to order it from Amazon.com (not even Amazon.ca because for some reason Canadian Amazon wants $45 for this book so even with the shipping Amazon.com was the way to). If I don't find it soon, I will have to order another one, or else my happy baby may not be so happy. I am nothing without this book!
Okay, so enough about that. Except one last thing - I will give you a reward if you find my book for me. Okay, so actually moving on now. After the hospital fun, we went for a visit to Aunt Natasha's to see cousin Isaac. The boys got to see eachother for a few minutes, but they are pretty much opposite schedule's for nap/wake time so they didn't get to play for very long. Here's Aidan at Tash and Ryan's trying some cheerios. He's still learning how to grasp food and get it into his mouth but I think he managed to eat a few and their dog, Whisper, managed to eat a lot more.
One last pic - the weather here has been pretty bad but the other day was finally nice enough to go for a walk. Here's Aidan getting ready to go and loving his life.
That's it for now, hope everyone has a great weekend :)
Great post Kat!!! I happen to think he is absolutely adorable! So don't worry about anything! A Happy baby is priceless- I can assure you! LOL.
ReplyDeleteMiss ya!
xoxoxo
Thanks, Jaym. I think he's cute, too so I'm not too worried about it. And really, I'd waaaay rather have a happy baby than a cute grumpy one!
ReplyDeleteI am SO offended that people would come up to you and Tash, and only compliment MkIze!! Aidan is so cute! It reminds me of our childhood where people only ever commented on how cute Tash was grr. Isaac is pretty fiendish though, and I bet Tash would have him be a lot less cute if he was even half as happy and care free as Aides! Aides is manly looking too, so he's more handsome, than "baby cute".
ReplyDelete