Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Introducing Solids




Aidan is almost 6 months old and I can't put it off any longer - he's got to start eating "real" food. At first, this day seemed so far off. I remember my lactation consultant telling me how things would change around 6 months when Aidan started eating but that day seemed like it would never come, and now here we are.




I've gotten Aidan into a pretty good feeding routine, and now I'm nervous of what's going to happen. Not only do I have to prepare him food and clean it up, I'm also not sure when he should eat and how much he should have. It seems like as soon as I feel like I know what I'm doing, things change.




So far, I've given Aidan rice cereal several times. I think that's now going to become a once a day staple. He's had it every afternoon for the past 3 days and seems to love every second of it. I also tried giving him egg yolk yesterday, but I think that was a little too thick for him, even mixed with water. It's just weird because with nursing all I had to do was give him the boob. Now I actually have to put effort into making sure he's getting enough of the right foods. Well, so far it's just rice cereal, but I know it'll progress pretty quickly. I'm not sure if I should be giving him a sippy cup, too. And if I do, should I just give him formula since I'm too lazy to pump now? So much to think about....




I know this blog is kind of lame, but I thought I should write a quick one just to keep me motivated to write more. Stay tuned for the exciting blog "Aidan Rolls Over!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment